Throwout when logging in - Win98SE

Alex Angelopoulos alex "at" bittnet.com
Tue, 08 Jan 2002 12:52:36 +0000

That is strange, but I can't claim I've seen everything that VNC can throw at you.

Would you mind posting the following two keys from your registry? You will want to mask the password since it can theoretically be
back-hashed out.

(1) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ORL\WinVNC3\Default

(2) HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ORL\WinVNC3

Notice that they are slightly different - there should be a handful of settings under each. Also, what version of the WinVNC server
and viewer are you using?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Phil Reynolds" <phil "at" tinsleyviaduct.com>
To: <vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com>
Sent: Tuesday/2002 January 08 06:42
Subject: Re: Throwout when logging in - Win98SE

: On Mon, Jan 07, 2002 at 09:32:04PM -0500, Alex Angelopoulos wrote:
: > (a) Log on to VNC as normal
: > (b) hit "cancel" at your Windows logon; this will log you on with the "default" settings.
: > (c) adjust the Windows display settings to match what you use for your regular Windows logon - at which point you will be
: > disconnected of course..
: > (d) after you log back on, you should see that at boot Windows comes up 1024x768x32.
:
: No, that is not the case. (I have switchbox access when at home anyway,
: although I can of course use VNC within my network.) The default is
: 1024x768x32, same as my mode. Throwout at login still occurs.
:
: --
: Phil Reynolds
:  o  ____ Internet: phil "at" tinsleyviaduct.com
: |L_ \  / Web: http://www.tinsleyviaduct.com/phil/
: (_)- \/  Waltham 67, Emley Moor 69, Droitwich 79, Windows 95