Throwout when logging in - Win98SE

Martin Kemp martin "at" quintic.co.uk
Tue, 08 Jan 2002 10:37:36 +0000

Phil, I assume by 'mode change' problem you mean what Alex is describing -
the change of resolution after login?

Using the sequence Alex described:
(a) log on via VNC
(b) enter your Windows machine/network password
(c) you get disconnected/reconnected

What's usually happening here is that you're logging in first with the VNC
service, but once you've logged in your VNC session will get chucked out.
You then need to log into VNC again as the user you've just logged in as in
windows (possibly with a different password - at least on win2k, which I
use).

Therefore, to my knowledge it is not possible to use VNC to log into your
machine AND use the same VNC session to use the machine once you've logged
in. That's certainly my experience with VNC anyway.

regards,

Martin Kemp