Throwout when logging in - Win98SE

Phil Reynolds phil "at" tinsleyviaduct.com
Tue, 08 Jan 2002 01:11:38 +0000

I am getting thrown out of my VNC session to my Windows box at login. I can
subsequently reconnect.

I have read about the "mode change" issue, but have been completely unable
to resolve this, despite changing modes as necessary.

I run my Windows system in 1024x768 (largest size practical to display on
the monitor from which I tend to use this machine remotely) in either 24 or
32 bit colour. I have tried both settings.

The machine has a Matrox Millennium II PCI card. The problem occurs regardless
of whether Matrox Power Desk is loaded.

My questions are:

(i) Why am I getting thrown out if it is not (as it appears not to be) the
    mode issue?

(ii) Does running Matrox Power Desk affect VNC?

--
Phil Reynolds
 o  ____ Internet: phil "at" tinsleyviaduct.com
|L_ \  / Web: http://www.tinsleyviaduct.com/phil/
(_)- \/  Waltham 67, Emley Moor 69, Droitwich 79, Windows 95