Using -inetd but only one Xvnc Spawned

Neil Miller neil.miller "at" parelian.com
Mon, 07 Jan 2002 12:18:44 +0000

Hi

I am trying to set up Vnc so that inetd spawns Xvncs as necessary to
users connecting instead of having multiple Xvncs already running.

I have got it going so far as it works for the first user connecting but
as soon as another connects it grabs the first session instead of
creating a new Xvnc.

I am using Suse 7.3 and gdm and this is my inetd.conf entry:

vnc-1152x900x24 stream  tcp     nowait  nobody  /usr/X11R6/bin/Xvnc
-inetd -query testhost -once -geometry 1152x900 -depth 24

[I have tried -broadcast instead of -query testhost and removing the -once]

I have taken a look at the mailing list archives but searching for
-inetd gave 600+ messages which is too much for my slow link.

Thanks for reading and any advice would be most welcome.

Neil Miller

--
This e-mail is confidential to the ordinary user of the e-mail
address to which it was addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please