VNC on linux via xinetd, only works on local subnet RCayton "at"
Fri, 04 Jan 2002 15:55:23 +0000

i have a win2k server and a linux box at a remote site. we have a vpn
tunnel between the two networks. i am on 192.168.97.xx  and the remote is
on 192.168.200.xx.
i can vnc into the 2k box just fine. when i vnc into the linux box on any
port (ie. 50,51,51...etc) i get the "please wait, initial screen loading"
also get the same message if i start vncserver manually from the cmd line.
I'm at a loss. someone please save me from this!!

Ryan Cayton
Technical Analyst
Horine and Associates, LLC.
See also: