Tightvnc crashing on Sparc Solaris

Richard L. Hamilton rlhamil "at" mindwarp.smart.net
Fri, 04 Jan 2002 01:23:30 +0000

>Hello,
>
>usually I am not reading the list, but I have noticed your question in the
>archive.
>
>There is an alignment bug in tightvnc (flipped due to the cursor support
>code), I have sent a workaround patch to the maintainer and presumably it
>will appear in the next release.
>
>Unfortunately Constantin has no access to Sparc hardware and cannot verify
>my patch or his own fix either, that may cause some extra delay.

Worked perfectly, thanks a lot!

System:

SunOS grover 5.8 Generic_108528-12 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-100

gcc version 2.96 20000306 (experimental)

almost all available X-library related patches installed.

--
ftp> get |fortune
377 I/O error: smart remark generator failed

Bogonics: the primary language inside the Beltway

mailto:rlhamil "at" mindwarp.smart.net  http://www.smart.net/~rlhamil