Windows layer storage/transmission.

David Brodbeck DavidB "at" mail.interclean.com
Thu, 03 Jan 2002 17:02:24 +0000

Problem is there's still a distinct lack of software for Linux in some
critical areas.  The problem with free Open Source software is the only
software you get is software that people think would be fun to write.  So
some of us don't have a choice, and Windows works for what we need to get
done.  Berating people who need to use Windows won't fix that.

-----Original Message-----
From: ScanMan [mailto:scanman "at" scanman.mine.nu]
Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2002 1:13 AM
To: VNC list
Subject: RE: Windows layer storage/transmission.

Hey, that's a good idea. Maybe we could call it Linux, and give it away
for free, but then, people who refuse to stop using the inferior product
for mostly irrational reasons (ever heard of game theory?) would
constantly make it hard for us with their incompatible protocols and
inferior quality. We could retaliate by ridiculing them until they would
see the error in their ways. Oh, wait, that's already happening, sorry.