Kieran McKenna c-kieran.mckenna "at" wcom.com
Wed, 02 Jan 2002 12:53:35 +0000

One other possibility is that your DSL provider is blocking some ports. So
you might be able to make the control connection, but not the data
connection. As I understand it VNC uses two ports for each connection.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
[mailto:owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com]On Behalf Of jeff bachofner
Sent: Monday, December 31, 2001 8:15 PM
To: Vnc-List "at" Uk. Research. Att. Com

I'm stumped on 3.3.3r9 viewer issue dealing with a DSL connection. We have 3
remote machines that we use to connect to Win NT machines at work. We use a
VPN for the connection. 2 of us have DSL connections from a NT and Win 2k
machines and they consistently work great. The third is a Win98 machine that
recently got a DSL line. It previously connected via modem. The modem
connection worked and continues to work. The DSL connection refuses to work.
We can ping all available machines, have put a sniffer on the server and
verified that viewer packets are being sent and received. However whenever
we connect we enter the password, with no error, the initial grey screen
comes up, displays "initial screen loading" and just sits there. The
connection is eventually closed. We are looking at the video driver now but
are stumped by the fact that the modem connection works and continues to
work. If anyone out there has some suggestions I would love to hear them.

jeff