Windows layer storage/transmission.

ScanMan scanman "at"
Wed, 02 Jan 2002 11:03:19 +0000

On Wed, 2002-01-02 at 03:55, A friend wrote:
> Why not, for the server, for the client it's no problem for sure. Is it not
> possible to capture the image from within a single window within MS-Windows?
> I think it is, since Alt-PrintScreen does the same thing. Monitoring window
> creation/deletion must be possible too.

Hmmm, yes, I didn't think of that. However, wouldn't a global pixmap
cache solve the same problem in a more general way? For example, the
server would scan the screen for patterns that tend to repeat, and then
send them to the client only once, thereafter sending only a reference
number. Things like font characters, window borders, buttons, icons,
etc. could then all be saved at the client, and the server would only
send their arrangement.
See also: