Weird quirk in MSDOS batch wrapper for vncveiwer

Shing-Fat (Fred) Ma fma "at" doe.carleton.ca
Tue, 01 Jan 2002 18:16:04 +0000

Thanks, Constantin.  I have to admit, I wasn't exactly familiar
with how the encodings worked, I've just done trial and error
until I found a bunch of settings on the Connection Options
window that worked reasonably well.  So I've been setting
the options to the same baseline setting all the time and
occassionally perturbing it for a particular link (I connect
to different networks with my laptop) to see if things improved.

My attempt at a wrapper was to automate the baseline settings
without having to run the listening daemon.  So if I switch to
tight because hextile is too slow, then the compression has
already been set by the wrapper at startup to a level that I
found was good in the past for a particular link.

Also, if I found a partiuclar feature or setting becomes useful
for my needs, I can stick it into one wrapper rather than find
all the shortcuts.  Since I do this kind of thing in unix sometimes,
I thougt it would be straightforward in MS-DOS.  I have abandoned
the idea for now.

Fred

Fred Ma
Department of Electronics