Is there a "view only" mode?

Christophe Vial cvial "at" cadence.com
Tue, 01 Jan 2002 17:39:42 +0000

Hi Alex,

Happy New Year!

I am just accessing the desktop from the http server on Unix or on a PC:
in fact the build/test run can be monitored during the run (for now a
basic cgi collect the datas and generate a web page). Some time some
test are hanging and it is not simple to know if they are hanging
because of a graphical problem (a new popup asking a confirmation not
planed into the graphical test for instance) or if they are hanging due
to something else...
Since VNC allow to access the desktop through an http server, I tough to
add a link to that server for all the test still running. But, if I do
that currently, the fact to connect the server can perturbate the test.

So I would like to be able to open the desktop in read-only by default,
then eventually to switch in read/write to fix be able to fix the
hang...

Hope it is more clear now.
Thanks for the help!

		kifof