SSH Windows to Linux

Mike Morrell mike "at" themorrells.org
Tue, 01 Jan 2002 00:32:39 +0000

  Sorry if I missed that part about forwarding 5900 to 5902.  The way you
have it should work.  Get the latest development snapshot of Putty instead
of the latest release.  The current development version includes the port
forwarding.

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
[mailto:owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com]On Behalf Of James Pifer
Sent: Monday, December 31, 2001 4:16 PM
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: RE: SSH Windows to Linux

Mike,

I told the SSH client on my Windows PC to listen on 5900 and forward to
5902. So wouldn't I tell the VNC client to connect to localhost:0, then it
should forward that to 02 on the Linux box? I don't see how what you say to
do is any different than what I'm already doing.

I'm running Putty 0.48 and could not find a way to forward ports. What
version are you running?

James