demo application is not working in Win NT
malathi "at" siptech.co.in
Fri Aug 2 08:13:01 2002
I am new to jVNC and VNCViewer and I am using VNCj toolkit 1.0 to
run java application as a VNC server and using VNC Viewer to launch the
application in a remote machine. The site
(http://www.amherst.edu/~tliron/vncj/), has provided 5 examples. In that
AWTModelTest and SwingModelTest samples are not working. I want them to
run for my project. I just need it urgently.. Can anyone please provide
me a correct solution ?
Steps followed :
1. I installed Vncviewer 1.0 ( on windows NT)
2. I downloaded jVNC server & demo
3. I started running demo in the server by executing vncj-demo.bat.
Now the server is running.
4. In the client machine (windows NT), using vncviewer i started
running applications (using hostname:20, hostname:21). First it asked
for password for authentication. I gave the password. But AWTModelDemo
and Swing Model Demo are not working. it says "connection closed"
(Display nos 23 and 24 are working fine)
5. Since vncj has tiny webserver, In the client machine (windows
NT), i tried running on the browser using http://hostname:5820 and
http://hostname:5821. It is giving the following error :
"java.io.EOFException" (Porst Nos 5823 and 5824 are working fine)