VNC Documentation

Fri, 28 Sep 2001 23:55:38 +0000

What's generally available is under the "Documentation" link on the AT&T VNC
website.  Tridia's VNC distro may come with some printed info if that's what
you want (and want to pay for) see http://www.tridiavnc.com.

Generally, if you're looking for something specific, try searching the
mailing list archives through the AT&T VNC website - when all else fails,
post here.

Also, I've made a suggestion that the good people at AT&T UK research should
consider implementing a user-maintainable FAQ system, but haven't seen a
response to that yet.

Glenn

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Mathewson [mailto:jeffwm "at" uswest.net]
Sent: Friday, September 28, 2001 2:20 PM
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: VNC Documentation

I understand that this question has most likely been asked over and over
many
times, but with the short time with VNC, I still am unable to find any good
documentation on this product other then promo ads and a brief over view of
features.

>From what I understand at this point, the only documentation that is out
there
now is a downloadable version of the VNC web site and a PDF file that looks
as
if it was a promo ad that was scanned from a magazine.  Is this all there
is?

Are there any projects underway to work on a better documentation to show
the
full benefits of all that VNC has to offer and with that detail information
on
what is needed to get VNC to work on all systems.  I'm in dyer need of any
type of detailed reference manuals for VNC.

Thanks, Jeff.