VNC and Zonealarm

Russell E. Jenney jenneyr "at" peakonline.com
Fri, 28 Sep 2001 22:48:50 +0000

I have a LAN with two Windows 200 machines and a Mac 7100 with both VNC and
Zone Alarm on both Windows based machines. I have noticed no slowdown between
either Windows based machines going either direction. There is a slow response
between either Windows based machines and the Mac, but the Mac is a slow
machine to begin with.

I suggest that the slowdown may be due to the caching capability of your
processor, the amount of RAM in the machine, or how Windows 98 handles higher
level of memory. This might ne an area of investigation, as opposed to Zone
Alarm handing.