AuthRequired value not working???

Steve Palocz spalocz "at" tgtsolutions.com
Thu, 27 Sep 2001 17:23:22 +0000

As I understand this option, it requires you to delete the password, as if
there is still a password it will prompt you for one.

The other option is to download the tight vnc from www.tightvnc.com

this has an advanced button from the properties page that allows you to
check/un auth required. But I still believe that it will require you to
remove the password.
Note the password can be stored in a few places in the registry, just
removing one of them won't do the job.
HKEY current user and HKEY local machine.

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
[mailto:owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com]On Behalf Of Joe Brown
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2001 9:46 AM
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: AuthRequired value not working???

Hello all,

I sent this about a week ago but, no one responded so I'm going to try it
again.  I'm running WinVNC v3.3.3R9 on W2K server with IIS 5.0 on a LAN in a
test environment.  I wish to allow null connections.  Here is the registry
value I entered under the following key.

[HKLM\Software\ORL\WinVNC3]

AuthRequired:REG_DWORD:0

I've rebooted the server and each time I attempt to connect, it continues to
ask for a password.  Any ideas?

I have gotten AuthHosts to work just fine.

Thanks.

Joe Brown
joe_brown "at" senet-int.com
703-206-9383

SeNet International
Delivering Practical e-Security Solutions
http://www.senet-int.com