Bug/problem with VNC under Win2000

Steve Palocz spalocz "at" tgtsolutions.com
Thu, 27 Sep 2001 17:11:03 +0000

This sounds like it could be a video/network driver issue. Vnc will exploit
any fault in the driver. I suggest seeing if there are newer drivers from
the manufacture (not MS). You could also try to set the colours to 16 bit or
even 256. Make sure active desktop is off also.

Hope the help on starting.

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
[mailto:owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com]On Behalf Of Denis Bucher
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2001 10:02 AM
To: VNC mailing-liste
Subject: Bug/problem with VNC under Win2000

Hello !

The problem is that I have problem with WinVNC under Windows 2000.
It is either a bug, either missing explanations in the documentation

When starting WinVNC under Win2000 it works, but I cannot use VNCviewer on
Win98 to view it. The problem is that I can VIEW THE SCREEN of Win2000
from Win98 but only half a second and it diseapear ! And on Win2000 the
mouse
moves during that half second, and the background becomes 'one-colour', and
then
nothing anymore. In a word  IT WORKS, but only half a second.

Therefore I think it must be a files protection problem under Win2000, or
maybe
some refresh method that doesn't work, or something like that. And in
addition,
there is NO HELP on installing WinVNC under Win2000, at least not about the
files protection...

Thanks a LOT for any help !

Denis Bucher
NiftyCom

P.S. After helping me you could add the answer to the doc, it would be
therefore useful for other people....