TightVNC 1.2.1 released

Const Kaplinsky const "at" ce.cctpu.edu.ru
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 18:04:26 +0000

Hello Tim,

>> It doesn't patch cleanly against VNC 3.3.3r2 because you seem to
>> have deleted files like ChangeLog and WhatsNew first.

TW> Mea culpa. I had unpacked the Java binaries before applying the
TW> patch, which no longer works for some reason.

It worked because WhatsNew (and maybe ChangeLog too) was missing in
older versions of Java binaries archive. You might want to look at the
spec file inside the src.rpm available from the www.tightvnc.com, it
is mostly rpm from rawhide, but I had to resolve problems like this
one there.

By the way, I think it could be reasonable to append tight version
number to the vnc rpm version in the Red Hat rpm, just to make clear
that this is not the standard VNC distribution but a modified one,
e.g. vnc-3.3.3r2+tight1.2.1-1.src.rpm ...

--
With Best Wishes,
Constantin