Autostart additional process

LUPTAK,MIROSLAV (HP-Slovakia,ex1) miroslav_luptak "at" hp.com
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 16:43:59 +0000

Hi, James.

Once the vncsession is started and you know the display number, you can run
on that vnc session any X application if you first export the DISPLAY
variable with correct value.

In the script from James, this could be done by
    if eval $vnc_cmd; then
        echo "DONE"
    else
        echo "***VNC FAILED***"
    fi
    # Run xterm on the vnc session on Linux
    su -l $user -c "DISPLAY=:$disp xterm &"
    # For HP-UX, use "-" instead of "-l"
    # su - $user -c "DISPLAY=:$disp xterm &"
    disp=$(( $disp + 1 ))

Regards,

Miroslav Luptak