Changing negative port number to VNC server

FOO JOUNG WEE foo.joungwee "at" toshiba.com.sg
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 08:44:56 +0000

Hi Andrew,

I did as you told, changing the port number to 4294961417. But VNC server can't
seem to recognise this large number. After I clicked "Apply" & "OK", when I
re-open the properties, the port number is reset back to zero. Do you know how
to overcome this problem?

Regards,
Jon

I think I know what you want to do. The trick is that the port number is
internally represented an signed 32 bit number, so can be represented in
a two's complement manner. Change the port number to the equivalent
large decimal number.

-5879 is FFFF E909 which is 4294961417

Andrew