Autostart additional process

James Pifer jamesvnclist "at" tnjinfl.com
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 19:27:34 +0000

I'm using the following script that I found on the mailing list archive for
autostarting a VNC session for root. Is there a way for me to start an
application in that session as well? How about a second xterm window?

vnc_users="root"
disp=1
for user in $vnc_users
do
    echo -e "Starting VNC server for $user (display no. :$disp)...\c"
    vncstart="/usr/bin/vncserver :$disp -depth 16 -geometry 1024x768"
    vnc_cmd="su -l $user -c \"$vncstart\" >/dev/null"

    if eval $vnc_cmd; then
        echo "DONE"
    else
        echo "***VNC FAILED***"