Character mode windows giving trouble with VNC Commander

John Clegg john.clegg "at" nailsea.net
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 19:07:57 +0000

I am using VNC Commander running on a Windows 2000 SP1 box.

If I connect to an NT4SP6 box all is fine until I run a CMD prompt, then I
find that keypresses are not transmitted to that window properly - it seems
as if about 1 in 3 keypresses is successful. Everything works fine outside
that window

I experience exactly the same if I connect to a Linux box running vncserver
to host a KDM screen - all is OK until I try and type into a text type box -
eg a console window or a text based editor such as vi or GEdit. Once again,
everything works fine in the proper X windows.

Any ideas?

John

Any views expressed in this message are the sender's own, and do not
represent the views of Nailsea Family Practice or Woodspring Healthcare
Limited except where the sender specifically states them to be the
views of one or both of those organisations. This e-mail should only be
read by those persons to whom it is addressed. Accordingly, we disclaim
all responsibility and accept no liability (including in negligence) for
the consequences of any person other than the intended recipients acting,
or refraining from acting, on such information. If you have received this
e-mail in error, please accept our apologies and we simply request that
you delete this document. Any form of reproduction, dissemination,
copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and/or publication of
this e-mail is strictly prohibited.