No remote access?

Tue, 25 Sep 2001 14:32:08 +0000

Are you using the standard client or the java client (ie, in a web browser)?
Are you using IP addresses to connect or host names?? What platform(s) are
we talking about??

-----Original Message-----
From: Gregg Waltz [mailto:getsome831 "at" hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2001 3:14 AM
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: No remote access?

I don't have any problem connecting locally to either one of my machines
(back and forth), but if i try to connect from work or some other domain i'm
not able to connect. I am running behind a firewall (Netgear RT314) but i'm
forwarding ports 5900 & 5901 to my local machines respectively, why do i
keep coming up with the "Failed to Connect to Server" errors? What could be
my problem(s) here?

Thanks,

-gregg