WinVNC Service

Dietmar.Friesch@isisconsulting.de Dietmar.Friesch "at" ISISConsulting.de
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 20:34:39 +0000

It appears to be likely that you have to set the server password first
Start -> Programs -> VNC -> Administrative Tools -> Show default settings ->
"PASSWORD" -> OK
and use that same "PASSWORD" on the client side
Dietmar

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
[mailto:owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com]On Behalf Of Anouk Kuiling
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2001 9:05 PM
To: vnc-list
Subject: WinVNC Service

I contacted a remote computer but did not get entrance. Client uses VNC
3.3.3r8. Server uses WinVNC Service 3.3.3r8 (Start -> Programms -> VNC ->
Administrative Tools -> Install WinVNC Service)
A question appears on the server, it asks for permission. But I cannot
operate it from clientside. On the computer witch client appears a box with
"Your connection has rejected". Can I shut off this permission-question, or
auto-permit?

Anouk.