vnc-list-digest V1 #1282

G McCashin gmcc7 "at" home.com
Sun, 23 Sep 2001 13:29:32 +0000

The firewall at your work place certainly could be a problem.  I maintain
the one at my work place, and we do not arbitrarily open every port for
outgoing traffic, but rather only specific ports that we need for
machines/services and since you want results back from the VNC requests,
those ports would have to allow traffic in through the fw as well.

>Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 08:20:18 -0400
>From: "Ed Schwartz" <schwartz "at" aaps.k12.mi.us>
>Subject: FW: Another new user
>
>     Also have cable modem to the outside world at home.

>When I tried to connect from work on the same powerbook (through a firewall,
>going out shouldn't? be a problem), I get a t-disconnect error.  Am able to
>FTP to my machine at home, so I know IP confi

 George

http://people.delphi.com/gmcc