Weird collors with -depth 16

Kelly F. Hickel kfh "at" mqsoftware.com
Sat, 22 Sep 2001 16:15:34 +0000

Just as a followup, if I run it on the console screen (32 bits) everything
is fine, 32 bits on vnc and all the icons are black.  The color problems
appear whether this particular app is running or not, when the depth is
greater than 8.
-Kell

-----Original Message-----
From: Kelly F. Hickel
Sent: Friday, September 21, 2001 3:44 PM
To: 'vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com'
Subject: Weird collors with -depth 16

I've got TridiaVNC 1.4 on a linux RedHat 7.1 box.  I'm trying to use an app
that seems to require 16 bits of depth (at least it crashes at 8 bits), when
I do vncserver -depth 16, everything seems to work, but the colors are
strange.  The desktop icons and the window frames, it looks like some kind
of skewed color map or something.

Does anyone have any ideas?
-Kelly