instead of using a KVM switch box.. suggestions

Fri, 21 Sep 2001 18:15:51 +0000

I don't think Win* like to run without a KB or mouse - some BIOSes do
support no-KB configs, but I don't know if the OSes will.  I know 95 craps
out daily if run it without KB or mouse with no BIOS changes - I've tried
it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sean Hurlburt [mailto:sean "at" sliq.com]
Sent: Friday, September 21, 2001 12:29 PM
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: instead of using a KVM switch box.. suggestions

Hi All,

this is slightly off topic..
I recently acquired a 6 port KVM switch box in order to manage my LAN,
(windows 2000 server, professional, and 95).
I thought it would be simple- 3 servers 1 monitor, I keyboard, 1 mouse, hub,
cat 5s- piece of cake.  Once I set it up it worked seamlessly with one major
glitch, the KVM ruined to resolution of my monitor, if I continue working
with the current resolution I will go blind.
I need to work around this, Here is a method I thought of but I am running
into an obstacle or 2.

Here is my question:
How does one configure 2 of the servers to work without a keyboard, mouse,
monitor via VNC.  Short of booting them with KB, monitor, and mouse and then
unplugging them and relying on the network, is there something in the boot
process that can be done in order for the 2 servers to work without the KB,
monitor, and mouse being physically present.

has any one had a similar experience?
any help is greatly appreciated!

Sean