Screen-Presentation

Const Kaplinsky const "at" ce.cctpu.edu.ru
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 18:48:21 +0000

Hello Thomas,

TH> Hello, we would like to use VNC to distribute the screen of a
TH> presenter PC to several participants. This is possible with the
TH> "-shared" option, but we have two issues about thisat the moment:

TH> 1) Is it possible to route a VNC session through a firewall, e.g.
TH>    a Web-Proxy?
TH> Is there anyknown attempt to do something like that?

TH> 2) Would it be possible not to connect the viewers to the
TH>    presenters machine,
TH> but insteadconnect both the presenter and the viewers to a
TH> centralized server, which does thedistribution of the screen
TH> content?

Currently, I work on a project which I think matches your requirements
pretty well. The program is fully functional already but the code is
not available at this point, we have to ensure all copyright stuff is
ok before it would be publicly released. All I can say at this point
is that it should be freely available fairly soon under the terms of
BSD-like licence.

--
With Best Wishes,
Constantin