can not connect to VNC

Steve Palocz spalocz "at" tgtsolutions.com
Wed, 19 Sep 2001 21:54:32 +0000

My next suggestion is to remove the reg settings for the current user. just
delete the hkey_current_user/software/orl group.
Make sure to stop winvnc first, then restart it. It will take the password
from the local machine and all should be fine. If not try to disable
authorization. (to see if it is a password problem or not).
I have seen this when the ports keys are different.

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
[mailto:owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com]On Behalf Of Michael Williams
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2001 3:42 PM
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: RE: can not connect to VNC

I have set the default password inside of VNC. Several times. Also
re-booted the server, stopped and started the service, etc.

The only way to use these machines is to log on locally, but of course
that is not what I want to do.

Michael