java application on xvncviewer

Jordan jordan.howarth "at" cmis.csiro.au
Wed, 19 Sep 2001 13:40:12 +0000

Hi,

I am running vncserver on a linux box and vncviewer on windows. I have
compiled a very simple java application on the linux box consisting
mainly of a JFrame and a menubar. When I run the application all I get
is an X window with a black pane. If I guess where the menubar should
be, the application produces other window (as per the code) but it to
is just a black pane.

The application works fine under a normal Xserver so it is nothing to
do with setBackground (mycolour), etc.

Do I need to set a class path in xstartup or something for this to
work, or what?

Thanks,

Jord