Help please

John Clegg john.clegg "at" nailsea.net
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 19:31:36 +0000

I've just got there myself!

1) From a console run vncserver
2) It will give you a message telling you that you have a server running on
local.machine:1
3) From the client connect to local.machine:1, although I have had more
success with using the IP address:1
4) You will get a grey screen and a terminal window. This is actually a
horrible little window manager called twm! A left click can start to bring
enlightenment!
5) Your config may well stop you getting this far. The FAQs on the VNC site
have all the answers though.

Any views expressed in this message are the sender's own, and do not
represent the views of Nailsea Family Practice or Woodspring Healthcare
Limited except where the sender specifically states them to be the
views of one or both of those organisations. This e-mail should only be
read by those persons to whom it is addressed. Accordingly, we disclaim
all responsibility and accept no liability (including in negligence) for
the consequences of any person other than the intended recipients acting,
or refraining from acting, on such information. If you have received this
e-mail in error, please accept our apologies and we simply request that
you delete this document. Any form of reproduction, dissemination,
copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and/or publication of
this e-mail is strictly prohibited.