x0rfbserver

Alan Conboy alanc "at" spectralogic.com
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 17:37:25 +0000

it is crashing kde because of how you are starting vncserver. use the
command vncserver -cc 3 & it will run fine w/ kde

Alan Conboy
Product Support Advisory Engineer
Spectralogic
303-449-6400 x1552

"FOOT-AND-MOUTH BELIEVED TO BE FIRST VIRUS
UNABLE TO SPREAD THROUGH MICROSOFT OUTLOOK -
Researchers Shocked to Finally Find Virus That Email App Doesn't Like"

-----Original Message-----
From: John Clegg [mailto:john.clegg "at" nailsea.net]
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2001 4:37 PM
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: x0rfbserver

I have got VNC on Linux working quite well, but it doesn't quite do what I
want to do (plus it crashes KDE if I try and run it instead of twm, which is
truly horrible!)

I would love to install x0rfbserver on my (Mandrake 8) system, but I don't
yet know enough to work out how the hell to do it! Is there some kind person
could give me some pointers please? On or off list.

John
john.clegg "at" nailsea.net