Bad Review of VNC at CNET

Tue, 18 Sep 2001 01:46:42 +0000

Slight correction: PcAnywhere version 8 can talk to ver. 9 and vice versa -
I do it at work all the time (if pca hasn't crashed previously ;).

I think it would be useful if you put an emphasis on the "open" nature of
VNC - a benefit that allows continuous and rapid improvement to the product,
as well as interesting and useful "unofficial" add-ons, like tight encoding,
the wall-paper disabling stuff, and even Rudi de Vos' recent adventures with
a Win2k VNC display driver.

Thanks,

Glenn

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Breland [mailto:gregory "at" netdoor.com]
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2001 7:46 PM
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: Bad Review of VNC at CNET

I read a very bad review of VNC on CNET today.

http://www.cnet.com/software/0-3227892-1205-7056561.html?tag=st.sw.3227892-1
204-7056561.rev.3227892-1205-7056561

The review was so bad, that I feel it needs to be responded to to
correct the blantent errors and misinformation contained in it. I have
written a response to the review and would like your help checking that
I have all my facts in order and that I have crossed all my Is and doted
all my Ts. :)

http://www.mozillanews.org/vnc/cnet_response.php3

Please email me with any additional information you think should be
added or removed as well as any corrections.

Thanks,

Greg Breland