exiting window manager doesn't stop vncviewer

Stephen Walton swalton "at" sunspot.csun.edu
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 23:27:41 +0000

I just tried -once and it doesn't help on either Linux/KDE or HP-UX/CDE.
Hitting Logout/exit/whatever causes some things to shut down but not Xvnc
itself.  There is something about how these window managers signal the X
server that they've exited which isn't handled correctly by Xvnc.  This is
a longstanding problem to which it would be nice to have a solution.

--
Stephen Walton, Professor of Physics and Astronomy,
California State University, Northridge