X server mix-up

Dor Juravski dorz "at" inter.net.il
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 23:19:06 +0000

How do I do that ? I mean - tell machine A to handle it's own xdm and not
machine B's xdm

If there is a hole in my unix knowledge it is the X servers and their
manipulations :(

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
[mailto:owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com]On Behalf Of Lee Allen
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2001 1:51 AM
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: Re: X server mix-up

You probably have multiple Unix systems running 'xdm'.  You can disable xdm
on the 'other system' if you don't need it there... or modify the xdm config
files on each system to configure which clients (well, X servers) they are
responsible for.

-Lee Allen