vnc-list-digest V1 #1273

David Brodbeck DavidB "at" mail.interclean.com
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 19:44:07 +0000

I think the difference is in AT&T VNC, ? will only *reject* the connection
if the user doesn't respond.  TridiaVNC will let you configure it to either
accept or reject.

-----Original Message-----
From: James ''Wez'' Weatherall [mailto:jnw22 "at" cam.ac.uk]
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2001 1:56 PM
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com; carlosalfaro "at" yahoo.com
Subject: Re: vnc-list-digest V1 #1273

> I know that TridiaVNC has a registry setting to allow
> the "?" ipchain in the AuthHosts registry key to allow
> access to a machine if there is no response from the
> user(in case the user is not there and there is a need
> to control the machine)
>
> VNC from AT&T does not have this setting.  Does anyone
> know if its planned for a future release?

This is not true.  AT&T VNC is, in fact, where the AuthHosts and
QuerySetting features originate from.  TridiaVNC supports them by virtue of
being substantially derived from WinVNC.  I would be very interested to know
where you have found documentation to the contrary.

Cheers,

---
James "Wez" Weatherall
AT&T Labs Cambridge