vnc-list-digest V1 #1273

James ''Wez'' Weatherall jnw22 "at" cam.ac.uk
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 19:00:01 +0000

> I know that TridiaVNC has a registry setting to allow
> the "?" ipchain in the AuthHosts registry key to allow
> access to a machine if there is no response from the
> user(in case the user is not there and there is a need
> to control the machine)
>
> VNC from AT&T does not have this setting.  Does anyone
> know if its planned for a future release?

This is not true.  AT&T VNC is, in fact, where the AuthHosts and
QuerySetting features originate from.  TridiaVNC supports them by virtue of
being substantially derived from WinVNC.  I would be very interested to know
where you have found documentation to the contrary.

Cheers,

---
James "Wez" Weatherall
AT&T Labs Cambridge