Gray Screen problem when connecting

John Muscarello jmuscarello "at" cmsav.com
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 16:12:42 +0000

I'm running VNC on two NT servers.  The servers are not on the local
network.  One is New York and the other is in Philadelphia.  I connect via a
T1 and the internet.

When I try to view the Philly machine, the connection is successful but all
I see on the New York end is a gray screen and the message "please wait,
initital screen loading".  This message is displayed for awhile, then the
program exits when I move the mouse.  On the Philadelpia end, a person
sitting at the server can see the mouse pointer moving, so it seems like the
connection is successful, I just can't view the remote machine.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.