Needing informations

Steve Palocz spalocz "at" tgtsolutions.com
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 14:23:26 +0000

Yes, Vnc is multi user (under terminal server, and stand alone). allowing
each user to have his own password when he/she is logged in.
So to change the system (at login or lock screen) you need to enter the
default password found in start -> programs -> vnc -> administrative
tools -> show default settings. This will show the default settings in hkey
local machine. If you double click the icon in the task tray, you will get
the current user settings (hkey current user). note in the title bar.

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
[mailto:owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com]On Behalf Of
stleroux "at" airfrance.fr
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2001 5:40 AM
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: Needing informations

Hello,

          First question:

I am using your Fabulous product under a LAN using Windows NT4.

I wished to change the password on the servers I support, and so used the
"Service helper" in which I made the change being logged as Administrator.

It appeared that after unlogging the remote servers, the password hadn't
been changed.

I checked the registry and discovered that only the HKEY_CURENT_USER had the
new password, but not HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, so I copied
it to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. Which worked all right, but I doubt that this is
the easiest way to do and wonder why it didn't work on the first try.

Could you please help me understanding what the problem was, as I'll have to
change this password regularly and would rather save some time doing it.

          Second question:

I noticed that connecting a remote client running an "Extra" session causes
CPU use to go up to 100% , according to the informations found in the FAQs
 ,I tried

modifying the parameters in "Update Handling" with no success.

Is there any known reasons to that, or any incompatibility between VNC and
EXTRA ?

Thanks for your advises.

----------------

Les donnees et renseignements contenus dans ce message sont personnels,
confidentiels et secrets. Ce message est adresse a l'individu ou l'entite
dont les coordonnees figurent ci-dessus. Si vous n'etes pas le bon
destinataire, nous vous demandons de ne pas lire, copier, utiliser ou
divulguer cette communication. Nous vous prions de notifier cette erreur a
l'expediteur et d'effacer immediatement cette communication de votre
systeme.

The information contained in this message is privileged, confidential, and
protected from disclosure. This message is intended for the individual or
entity adressed herein. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not
read, copy, use or disclose this communication to others ;also please notify
the sender by replying to this message, and then delete it from your system.