Speeding up and reducing traffic with fully working video driver

De Vos Rudi rudi.de.vos "at" skynet.be
Sun, 16 Sep 2001 17:01:23 +0000

probs:
some big screen-changes completely missed randomly(Start wordpad: no
update.
Close/reopen: perfect)
some small screen-changes are missed. The flashing cursor of a
command-prompt window shows only if the mouse is placed very close to
it.
Typing into the command-line: only the bottom scanline of each character

shows .
it would help me to know if these problems are general or specific to my

test-system/layout.

-There was still a problem with the driver and vncserver, it has notting
to do with your system.
Made some changes and it seems solved on my system
(ati-rage-128/PIII<-10Mb->PII). Even
media player seems to work.

New driver and vncserver(bin+src) available
http://services.simac.be/vnc/single/source/winvncdrv1_01.zip

thxs for the comments
Rudi

ps:
updates from driver type=
1)blit from wire
2)blit from internal
3)copyrect
4)text rectangles

README_BEFORE_INSTALL
---------------------------------
16/09/2001

THIS DRIVER ONLY WORKS ON WINDOWS 2000. The mirror tech used don't exist
on older window versions.

IF YOU HAVE AN OLDER DRIVER ALREADY INSTALLED.

1) remove older and install newer
or
2) stopdriver, copy mirror.dll in system32 and overwrite older
mirror.dll

README
-----------
16/09/2001
-fix missing updates (during driver reset, updates where going in the
air)
-update rate set to 4/s (except when mouse moves)
-ringbuffer cache 1500 driver updates, this should cover a few sec for
slow systems, but when to slow all 1500
updates are gone.
-added stopdriver util
TODO
--------
-The driver is able to provide (font,ascii text etc..) Text should be
send as ascii and not bitmaps.
-coprects should be combined and not send seperate.