changing the language

Dr. Joel M. Hoffman joel "at" exc.com
Sat, 15 Sep 2001 15:58:11 +0000

>noe more problem I'm facing is, the user on the network don't know english
>
>I know this is unbeliveable but anyway is the allready translated version of
>VNC out or is there an easy way to change the output into german ?
>
>Please don't send me the source, since I don't have a Compiler for WInbox
>and I'm not famiiar with cross compiling

If you have a Unix setup and good editor (Emacs, for example) you can
edit the Windows binary.  Find the string you want to change, and ---
BEING CAREFUL NOT TO ADD OR DELETE ANY CHARACTERS --- change the
English message to German (or whatever).  If the German is shorter
than the English, I would recommend replacing the extra English
letters with periods.  It will still look fine.  You have to make sure
the German is not longer than the English.