NT Administrator can't change Properties of VNC

Steve Palocz spalocz "at" tgtsolutions.com
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 17:48:29 +0000

easy.
Make the reg file as:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORL]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORL\VNC]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORL\VNC\3.3.3]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORL\WinVNC3]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORL\WinVNC3\Default]
"AllowProperties"=dword:00000000
"AllowShutdown"=dword:00000000
"SocketConnect"=dword:00000001
"AutoPortSelect"=dword:00000001
"InputsEnabled"=dword:00000001
"LocalInputsDisabled"=dword:00000000
"IdleTimeout"=dword:00000000
"QuerySetting"=dword:00000002
"QueryTimeout"=dword:0000000a
"Password"=hex:xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx
"PollUnderCursor"=dword:00000000
"PollForeground"=dword:00000001
"PollFullScreen"=dword:00000000
"OnlyPollConsole"=dword:00000001
"OnlyPollOnEvent"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORL\WinVNC3\administrator]
"AllowProperties"=dword:00000001
"AllowShutdown"=dword:00000001
"SocketConnect"=dword:00000001
"AutoPortSelect"=dword:00000001
"InputsEnabled"=dword:00000001
"LocalInputsDisabled"=dword:00000000
"IdleTimeout"=dword:00000000
"QuerySetting"=dword:00000002
"QueryTimeout"=dword:0000000a
"Password"=hex:xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx
"PollUnderCursor"=dword:00000000
"PollForeground"=dword:00000001
"PollFullScreen"=dword:00000000
"OnlyPollConsole"=dword:00000001
"OnlyPollOnEvent"=dword:00000000

Now as you see you are adding another key that will be for the
administrator.

Steve