VNC Problem

Ellis Golub ellis "at"
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 14:56:23 +0000

Suresh --

I'm running vncviewer on an SGI under IRIX 6.5 and WinVNC as a service under
NT4SP6a.  I have similar screen refresh problems.  I found, quite by accident,
that if the VNC service helper is running, the screen refreshes properly.  I
have put the service helper in a Startup folder, so it loads automatically when
I logon.

On Sep 7, 11:37am, Suresh Mahalingam wrote:
> Subject: VNC Problem
> Hi,
>   I have a VNC 3.3.3r7 server on Win2k.
>   When I try to access this from 3.3.3r3 solaris
>   client ( installed on 2.6 ) or from 3.3.3r9
>   win98 client I face the following problem:
>   If I open an IE browser window and access a
>   site and do scrolling ( Not very fast ) after
>   sometime the browser window does not display
>   properly. Most of the stuff from previous
>   scroll page is left over. However if I move
>   the cursor back and forth on the browser window
>   the cursor acts like a wipe and "cleans" out old
>   stuff exposing the correct content that should
>   be displayed.
>   Is this a know problem. Can I do something to fix it?
> Thanks,
> Suresh.
>-- End of excerpt from Suresh Mahalingam

Ellis Golub                  Phone: (215) 898-4629
Biochemistry Department      FAX:   (215) 898-3695
University of Pennsylvania   ellis "at"
School of Dental Medicine
4001 Spruce Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6003