exiting window manager doesn't stop vncviewer

Steve Palocz spalocz "at" tgtsolutions.com
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 14:32:27 +0000

On the server if using Xvnc add -once
if using vncserver then find the cmd line and add one with -once.

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
[mailto:owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com]On Behalf Of Dumas Patrice
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2001 9:07 AM
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: exiting window manager doesn't stop vncviewer

Hi,
server and viewer are on linux (redhat 7.0). The vncserver is properly
started
on server (with -nolisten tcp, but I don't think it is an issue).
I have a vncviewer session started like that (the reality is much more
complex,
but you get the idea):

xinit vncviewer -fullscreen server:1 -- X

Then, when I stop the window manager, be it kde or twm, the session isn't
properly closed, and the vncviewer isn't killed. I still can kill it in the
console
from which it started, with ctrl-c. It is possible that I am missing
something, but I have no idea of what it could be.

Any hints appreciated.

Pat