exiting window manager doesn't stop vncviewer

Dumas Patrice dumas "at" centre-cired.fr
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 14:13:35 +0000

Hi,
server and viewer are on linux (redhat 7.0). The vncserver is properly started
on server (with -nolisten tcp, but I don't think it is an issue).
I have a vncviewer session started like that (the reality is much more complex,
but you get the idea):

xinit vncviewer -fullscreen server:1 -- X

Then, when I stop the window manager, be it kde or twm, the session isn't
properly closed, and the vncviewer isn't killed. I still can kill it in the console
from which it started, with ctrl-c. It is possible that I am missing
something, but I have no idea of what it could be.

Any hints appreciated.

Pat