Speeding up and reducing traffic with fully working video driver

Markus Becker markus.becker "at" seibtundstraub.de
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 14:07:53 +0000

Hi,
I just did some short test using winvncdrv.zip. I think this will be a major
improvement for the win2k platform of vnc - great job Rudi!

test:
w2k/sp2, ati rage xl agp 2x, lan 100mbit. netmeeting works fine. netmeeting
remote desktop sharing was disabled before testing. Viewer: vncviewer 3.3.3

probs:
some big screen-changes completely missed randomly(Start wordpad: no update.
Close/reopen: perfect)
some small screen-changes are missed. The flashing cursor of a
command-prompt window shows only if the mouse is placed very close to it.
Typing into the command-line: only the bottom scanline of each character
shows - not shure but it might be some kind of an offset-problem.
the problems change slightly if color-depth/resolution is changed, but i
found no setting that worked without problem.

it would help me to know if these problems are general or specific to my
test-system/layout.

suggestions
rename mirror.sys to something with vnc...

Markus
markus.becker "at" seibtundstraub.de