Win2K, VNC, ZoneAlarm

Stefane Bridy stefane_bridy "at" yahoo.com
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 09:05:15 +0000

Another idea, but working only if ZoneAlarm creates a temporary
file when started, with always the same name (maybe you could
delete the log file at every restart, if you've got no use of it
?). So you could try to start ZoneAlarm normally and to start
VNC with a batch file like this.

wait:
if not exist c:\pathOfTheFile\NameOfTempFile.xxx goto wait
vncpath\winVNC.exe

That's not very elegant and requests a good multitasking of your
computer, as otherwise the loop could slow down a lot the
startup process. I'm not aware of any delay command in DOS.

Let me know how it goes.

Good luck

 --- Andy Woo <Andy.Woo "at" ClubZ.org> escribis: > Thanks for the
suggestion. I tried it. Same thing happens...