Using VNC as an remote controle utility to solve problems on use rworkstation

Jonathan Maton jmaton "at" viztek.net
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 17:51:27 +0000

I wrote a small modification to WinVNC that displays a popup box on the
server's screen, indicating:
  "A VNC has been authenticated from <ip address>.  Click OK to allow,
REJECT to deny.  This message will expire in <n> seconds, allowing the
connection automatically."

This occurs after the vncviewer has already been prompted for and provided
the correct password.  The viewer sits on hold for a number of seconds (8 in
my setup) while the server workstation has a chance to allow/deny the
connection.  If the timer expires, the connection is allowed automatically
(useful for unmanned stations.)

If you would like a copy of this (source and/or executable) please let me
know.

Jonathan Maton, Development Team
Viztek, Inc.

makers of the Onyx-RAD suite of medical software
(teleradiology, PACS, and DICOM)