Bandwidth limitations

Steven Venn svenn "at"
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 12:15:40 +0000

We are trying to use Win VNC to view maps & info via a remote terminal, with
this degree of complexity of information the update is very slow.
What I would like to know is what is it that limits the VNC software from
making the best available use of the bandwidth available. Our computers are
connected via a 10MB network and yet the peak bandwidth used by VNC is about
11K p/sec.
Also does anybody know how we can modify the software to make best use of
the bandwidth available to the software.
to majordomo "at"
See also: