font problem? - please help

Mike Valley mvalley "at" azerity.com
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 00:09:35 +0000

First, edit out the vncserver startup script. ( it is probably at
/usr/local/bin)

Find the part that has:
# Add font path and color database stuff here, e.g.:
#

and put :

$cmd .=" -fp tcp/localhost:7100";

at that location.

Next, you need to find your font server. If you have already built the font
server, it should be called "xfs" or "fs"

After that, to start up VNC you just need to run xfs and then run vncserver.

If your font server is configured correctly, it should work.

------
Mike Valley
Network Engineer
Azerity